The Center for Research on Race and Ethnicity in Society (CRRES) Faculty Seed Grant is open to IUB tenure-track faculty, and awards up to $5,000 to support original social scientific or humanities research related to the areas of race and ethnicity. The grant is intended to provide short-term, one-time support that will facilitate a pilot research project, which will result in data used to develop major proposals for submission to extramural funding agencies or assist in the completion of an on-going projecct. All individuals holding faculty rank at IUB are eligible to apply. Active CRRES affiliates will be given priority.
Grant recipients will be asked to write up a report about their research and may be asked to serve on a CRRES colloquium. Awardees are also expected to attend at least two CRRES events over the course of an academic year.
Required application materials include:
- cover sheet (see the main CRRES Grants page for cover sheet);
- curriculum vitae;
- 3-5 page proposal that reviews the applicant's history of conducting research along with a detailed description of the proposed scientific research. The description should cover the:
- theoretical signifcance,
- population under study,
- methodological approach,
- preliminary findings (if applicable),
- researh timeline,
and include information about other sources of race and ethnicity. This statement should also include information about other sources of funding pending and/or received for this project;
- if research deals with human subjects, IRB approval letter (or evidence that an application for approval has been submitted);
- detailed budget; and
- a letter of support from the department chair. Please direct your references to upload their letters to the link below.
Annual spring deadline is April 1 by 5:00 pm EST. Decisions will be made approximately one month from the deadline, and awards will be made available within one month following notification. Grant monies will be deposited into a faculty research account. There is a four-year moratorium on re-applying for the FSG among award recipients.
Applicants and letter writers should upload their documents to the CRRES Grants Submission Portal. Applicants should attach documents #1-5 as a single PDF. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.