The Center for Research on Race and Ethnicity in Society (CRRES) Faculty Seed Grant is open to IUB tenure-track faculty, and awards up to $5,000 to support original social scientific or humanities research related to the areas of race and ethnicity. The grant is intended to provide short-term, one-time support that will facilitate a pilot research project, which will result in data used to develop major proposals for submission to extramural funding agencies or assist in the completion of an on-going projecct. All individuals holding faculty rank at IUB are eligible to apply. Active CRRES affiliates will be given priority.
Grant recipients will be asked to write up a report about their research and may be asked to serve on a CRRES colloquium. Awardees are also expected to attend at least two CRRES events over the course of an academic year.
Required application materials include:
- cover sheet (see the main CRRES Grants page for cover sheet);
- curriculum vitae;
- 3-5 page proposal that reviews the applicant's history of conducting research along with a detailed description of the proposed scientific research. The description should cover the:
- theoretical signifcance,
- population under study,
- methodological approach,
- preliminary findings (if applicable),
- researh timeline,
and include information about other sources of race and ethnicity. This statement should also include information about other sources of funding pending and/or received for this project;
- if research deals with human subjects, IRB approval letter (or evidence that an application for approval has been submitted);
- detailed budget; and
- a letter of support signed and directly sent by the department chair to firstname.lastname@example.org
The grant submission deadline is April 1, 2020 by 5:00 pm EST. Grant recipients will be notified of the decision regarding their application by May 1, 2018. All awards will be made available within one month following notification. Grant monies will be deposited into a faculty research account. There is a four-year moratorium on re-applying for the FSG among award recipients. Send application materials (with the exception of the Chair's letter of support) in one PDF file to email@example.com.