The CRRES Student Affiliates are a diverse group of students who have a central interest in the study of race and ethnicity. Research conducted by current CRRES graduate student affiliates ranges from examining racial disparities in educational gaps on a national level to investigating the racialized experiences of immigrant women in new immigrant destinations in the South and Midwest.
Apply to become a Student Affiliate
- CRRES offers opportunities for students to present their work and research ideas that focus on the topic of race and ethnicity.
- CRRES provides a supportive environment where student affiliates can establish and nurture social networks with other CRRES affiliates.
- Affiliates are prominently featured on the CRRES website, with a brief description of research profile and links to presentations and write-ups that they have produced for CRRES
- Attend CRRES guest speaker presentations, conferences, and/or coffee hours.
- Submit 1-2 short write-ups per year, reporting on one of these events for publication on the CRRES website.
- Acknowledge CRRES in published work that receives feedback from CRRES associates.
Applying to Become a Student Affiliate
Please send the following information to the Director at email@example.com:
- A brief note of nomination from a faculty advisor
- A cover letter expressing interest in CRRES, a description of current research interests, and a plan for continued participation in CRRES activities
- A curriculum vitae or resume
Center for Research on Race and Ethnicity in Society
Schuessler Institute for Social Research
1022 E. 3rd St., Room 209,
Bloomington, IN 47405
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm